The Grainfather All-in-One All Grain Brewing System
Includes a Free All Grain Beer Recipe Kit and Free Shipping*
Includes a Free All Grain Beer Recipe Kit and Free Shipping*
The Grainfather is your all in one brewing system to make beer from grain. The sleek look, user friendly design, and innovative features, make this your perfect brewing companion for both new and experienced all grain brewers. This bundle comes with the brand new Connect Controller.
- Control Box for Heat & Power Control
Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App (and the recipe creator coming soon) for the ultimate brewing experience. The control box has Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between celsius and fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Use in manual mode or with app
- Grainfather Connect App for Automation
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the app
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files) - NOTE: iOS9 and higher
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between celsius and fahreheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in app
NOTE: The android app is currently in development, temporary version available)
NOTE: Required Specifications for the App are:
- Hardware: iPhone 4S or higher
- Software: iOS8 or higher . Must have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Android (Currently in development, temporary version available, check Grainfather Facebook Page for current update)
- Hardware: Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or higher
- Software: Must have Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)/Bluetooth Smart
Included in the price:
• 304 grade stainless steel superior body, with 8 US Gal (30 L) capacity
• Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 20 lb
• A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM) and wort recirculation pipe with insulated handle, ensuring consistent tempratures throughout the mash and maximising efficiencies
• Pump filter to keep hops and stray grain in the boiler, and your wort clear and bright
• Counter Flow Wort Chiller with copper inner coil, cooling your wort to <68°F within 20mins
• Brand New Connect Control Box that can be used in conjunction with the Connect App (and the recipe creator coming soon) for the ultimate brewing experience.
• Dual heating element (1600 watt and 400 watt elements) allowing you to switch between heating quickly to a vigorous boil and maintaining a stable temperature
• Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brewday
• Top and bottom mesh screens for your grain basket, allowing even distribution of your sparge water and ensuring no grain enters the boiler
PLEASE NOTE: All new Grainfathers contain a packaging strip in the boiler. This can be discarded before you begin brewing.
*Free Shipping option will be available during checkout as long as no overweight or bulky items are present in the cart. Free Shipping is only available to the lower 48 United States.
Make Sure to check out the Come and Brew It podcast about The Grainfather!
Really Nice ProductMy Grainfather was purchased on Cyber Monday at about 17:30 and chose store pickup. A little while later I got a call saying they were looking for one more unit but seemed to be sold out and would not be able to complete the order that night. That was nice of them but given the time of day I really hadn't expected to be able to pick up the same day anyway. I got another call Tuesday and an email stating that it was ready for pickup. Kudos for the customer focus.
Finally got to pick up the Grainfather Wednesday at lunch and it sat in the garage till Friday when I got to unpack it. The box had one side pushed in a bit but one look at the packaging design alleviated any fear of damage - these are packed well. Unpacking was easy and after a quick inventory it got set up in the laundry room. The Grainfather is well built and and finished. Setup is well explained both in print and in videos. I set set the temp to 80C went about my business while the water heated. When hot I cleaned the unit per Grainfather video instructions, easy work.
I loaded the Palo Pinto Pale Ale recipe into the downloadable app, filled mash water, set a delay for heating and went to bed. Early the next morning mash water was right where I set it and the brew session commenced. The boil is not as vigorous as that in my keggles but it gets the job done and there was never any concern with boil over - a real plus! The counter-flow chiller is brilliant. All went well and by 09:30 I was finishing up cleanup -- which was also easy.
All in all, I think I am really going to enjoy this.
Amazing and efficientFirst I will say that I purchased this on black friday and got a steal, which also included a hop spider and all grain kit. TX Brewing takes the time to unpack, partially, the grainfather and actually pack the all grain kit inside. This saves on shipping space but also allowed the grain to be part of the packing materials. This was brilliant and well done. Thank you TX Brewing!
Now onto the Grainfather. Setting it up was extremely simple, it is compact and yet still allows you to brew a full 5 gallon batch. You can have the controller set off alarms when different triggers are hit. For example when raising my strike water, it beeps upon getting to the right temp. Step mashing is a breeze and the system beeps at ever temp change. If you do not want to control it with your smart phone, you can control everything, even step mashing, right from the control unit. However, setting up my recipe on brew.grainfather.com and loading it through the smart phone app, the grainfather would keep track of my hopping times and beep every time I had to add more hops.
Probably my favorite feature, delayed brewing. I fill it with the right amount of strike water in the morning and set it up to be ready to mash when I get home from work!
The hop spider is great, and very large. My hop spider on my last system wasn't long enough to do smaller batches on my brew-boss which meant that I basically always had to do 10 gallon batches.
GrainfatherI brewed my first batch with the Grainfather yesterday. It worked flawlessly. My OG came out one point higher than the recipe estimated. It was nice to brew inside since the temps outside were below freezing. I only wish the 220-240v version was available in the US. Otherwise, I look forward to more brew days with the Grainfather.
Awesome!Brewed my first batch last weekend (Palo Pinto Pale Ale). I'm extremely impressed with how cool this thing is! At 120V and 20Amp, my RO mash water hit strike temp in 30 minutes. Mash temp stayed consistent; the "alerts" were perfectly timed; boil was perfect...hit my expected OG right on. I think I'm really going to enjoy Brewing indoors this summer! Anyone need a 3-tier gravity setup?